View Single Post
Old 15-05-17, 09:36 PM   #18
msh
4 ring whore!

Well, apparently there ARE some national differences tough. Over here old drivers, if they behave strange, then they are slow and may make some awkward maneuvers, but I haven't heard about any old driver doing some strange acceleration or so - well, I've heard from a pal that my grandfather once tailed him on road @ 130 kmph - I was surprised. Usually old drivers here are like my other grandfather used to be - drove @ 80-90 kmph on road max, and used to drive even slower, and when we once went for a shopping in a two different cars, he in his 1.3 mk2 golf, and I in a B4 1.9 TD which was barely moving forward [boost could be felt only in first gear] , I had to back off very soon so that he wouldn't fall far behind... This difference could be because when your retired drivers were at their prime, they could enjoy V8 engined rovers, while ours, if they were situated good enough, could enjoy "little lux" ladas, some even with whopping 1.6 litre engines [the others 1,3 or 1,45]! , and that was essentially the fastest cars available here to ordinary person - doctors, factory managers etc could have volgas, but these with their 2.4l I4 engines were no faster...

The other national difference is ability of someone in UK to drive easily past school @ 40 mph - over here in past decade we have built two speed bumps near each school, although their design varies - one can pass at such speed my school, if the car is hatchback with stiff suspension - I have to pass another school every time I go to church sunday service, and there are such speed bumps I don't give damn about them [built so that HGV's would miss them], while in my current village there are metal speed bumps which makes everyone to slow down to 5-10 kmph max...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isimmo View Post
Yes, you're completely right....

But it's fun though...
I'm not about writing about that, but about feelings when driving I used to be angry when someone drives slowly in front of me - currently - depends on situation, but very rarely. Reminds me one such encounter - after church service I had to drive behind one slow woman for a few kilometres, but I had such a good mood so I just happily waited, until finally the engine of my golf had a chance to get a fresh air and start roaring acceleration...
msh is offline   Reply With Quote