View Single Post
Old 01-05-17, 09:12 AM   #1
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Help!!! MS WORD, macs, and the myriad different incompatibilities

I have a conundrum.

I'm trying to open a document (application form), but it will only open in either-

1. The latest version of MS Orifice (365, pay per year for some shit that frequently becomes obsolete rendering older documents fubar) I have used up all of my free passes on this, having activated and cancelled 365 several times over the last few years

or

2. in my old version of MS Arseface (office2007, which is no longer supported by MS or Apple, so requiring me to resurrect an old laptop, along with a substantial repair bill)

or

3. it opens on my iPad, using the online version of word, but which isn't totally compatible, as it doesn't support certain embedded functions in the form (sort of macros, I think) which get in the way of filling stuff in, plus it changes some of the other fonts rendering the form a complete mess; I might as well print it off and fill it in by hand with a crayon*

I can't open it in Pages, because there are fonts in there which aren't supported, but which MUST be preserved, to avoid insulting certain regional sensibilities

*I can't actually print it out, because page breaks and formatting end up all over the place, making the form look seriously fubar.

Any suggestions?