View Single Post
Old 09-11-17, 04:51 PM   #20
SwallownAmazon
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
Well that's me home safe and sound after our meeting in Lasswade today for a breakfast, I think it all went well, a good turn out of eight and six cars, all Audi's for a change, nice to see other faces form south of the boarder, weather was very kind to us, yes it was cold but nice and bright. hope you all had a safe journey home and as good as mine was.
PS. We bit short on photos and had to use my phone.
Thanks for organising it, Colin and it was good to meet some fellow Audi enthusiasts, we seem to be a bit thin on the ground here.

I also took several pics but would duplicate what you have already posted so here are some I took on our way home.

After the coldest night of the year in North Yorkshire we stopped over the top of Egton High Moor:

One of the sheep licking at the road salt:

Posing outside the entrance to Petwood Hotel, formerly the officers' mess for RAF Woodhall Spa where 617 Dambusters Squadron was formed in 1942. The hotel has become a memorial to 617 Squadron and is one of the most remarkable places I have ever stayed at:

Just as we were leaving for East Kirkby where Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" is housed as a living memorial to Pilot Offcer C M Panton, a chap came over to enthuse about the Audi. He is into SAABs (takes all sorts) but thought our Audi was just superb. Bumped into him and his wife several times later on at East Kirkby where Just Jane is undergoing some maintenance ready for next season.
A taxy ride is now on my bucket list.

Audi is now waiting for the body shop to be available to do the windscreen repair and then will be put away for the winter.

Last edited by SwallownAmazon; 09-11-17 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spullin
SwallownAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote