Old 01-10-13, 08:11 PM   #1
Geordie
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default FS: 1989 Audi 80 (B3)
Vehicle Model : B3 Audi 80 1.8S
Price : £600
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook) ,Taxed ,MOT'd

As I now have the B4 Coupe alongside the Celica, I sadly have to move the B3 on. I had absolutely no plans to sell this until I saw the Coupe advertised on Retro Rides two weeks ago, and it's the right car at the right time for me, as I've been after a good one for years.

Car: 1989 'F' plate Audi 80 1.8S
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Fuel: Petrol
Mileage 128,000
Tax until end January 2014
MOT until February/March 2014 (will confirm tomorrow)

Price: £600. Sensible offers considered.

Contact me (Chris) via pm or O7961OO six six six 7

This is a real head-turner, which always starts little conversations at the petrol station and the like. I wish I had a pound for every time someone had said to me "my dad used to have one of those" etc. I'd have at least a fiver!

It has electric windows front & rear, heated electric mirrors and a manual tilt & slide sunroof. Power steering and central locking (with the key). Currently riding on pretty much mint 15" Team Dynamics alloys, with four Michelin tyres. One tyre is brand new, the other three have about 3mm on.

Totally 100% solid underneath. No rot at all. I bought this in February from the mechanics who had looked after it since 1999, so I correctly had full confidence in it. There is a massive amount of service history with it, including a fully stamped up service history.

It's 24yrs old, so it's not perfect. Bad bits:

Front arches are going, but not too badly yet. Ideally needs rubbing down and sorting.
Various dinks, and a scratch on the rear NS door.
I was told one of the rear windows needs persuading to get back up once lowered, although I haven't tried them to find out.
Needs a new heater matrix.
Timing belt has been changed in it's life, but will need doing again
Could do with an oil and sparks change
Manual choke, which takes some getting used to. Always starts first time, but sometimes needs two or three times to to stay started from cold. Warm starts are no problem. A service would no doubt help.

I wouldn't let the bad points above put you off. I knew about them all when I bought it, and planned to get them sorted one by one. It's a great car as it is, but with a little work, it could be a distinctive, and very rare motor.

It has the original Blaupunkt Windsor audio system, with an uprated speaker set-up including headphone out box for the rear passengers. I've also refitted the original dealer plates.

Some pics...

Scratch on NSR door:

Front arches:

I'm selling the original Ronals separately, but if they haven't sold when the car sells, they could be put back on, or included after a little haggling haha.

I'd love it to go to an Audi lover.
Geordie is offline   Reply With Quote