View Single Post
Old 14-01-17, 03:49 PM   #45
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

I still think the Goodyear Assymmetric 2 are a fantastic tyre,and impossible to beat at the price for such quality.Used them on the 2015 Tour in the S6 so 255/40 17's. A baptism of fire for sure them northerners are crazy, trying to keep up with the others in the pouring rain whilst doing silly speeds on twisty mountain/valley back roads some of it single track.But clenching stuff for me to start of with but not once did i loose grip or did it feel as if it was about to go in the pouring rain that Saturday morning. They're also superb on the dry.

I just bought a set of them for the Audi A2................ 205/40 17 £66 inc vat plus £3 delivery per tyre from Camskill. Will be free to fit as the A2 sports wheels are getting refurbed. To me thats cheap for a top quality tyre and not that more than cheap rubbish out there.Another example,i'm Looking at a set of Asymmetric 2's again for the 18" D2 avus wheels. so 255/35 18 at Camskil. £116 each inc vat plus £14 delivery.Again free fitting when the wheels are refurbed.Not a bad price in my opinion.

Hi Jimbo,i've just been looking for 16" tyres and i'm struggling to get the sizes i want using the Goodyear Asymmetric 2's. I'm looking for 225/50 16 to go on a set of fuch 16" 8J S4 C4 alloys. I'm also struggling to get asymmetric 2's for those wheels i posted on your thread the other day the 16" cabriolet 7 spokes.Factory they're 205/55/16.I can get close to those sizes but really want the exact size as Audi specified in the brochures. Can you help? Or suggest an alternative tyre thats at least as good as the Assy 2's? Thanks in advance.
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote