Thread: Brexit stuff.
View Single Post
Old 14-12-18, 12:05 PM   #47
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4v6 View Post
Im still not seeing any kind of response to the following question though; In the event of another vote if remain won by the same margin as leave did would that then be the end of the matter?
I keep telling you, there will not be a second referendum for the reason you put above. Best of three? five? etc, It will break democracy rules. There could be a general election where a party gets in on a second vote pledge, and we have something not called a leave referendum, maybe called a cancel brexit referendum.

I would burst with laughter if leave wins again by a bigger margin
Copied and pasted from this topic on Reddit today: https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingd...otiating_deal/

Quote:
mister_barfly75
Medway69 points · 2 hours ago
There was a petition recently requesting a People's Referendum if the exit deal got rejected by Parliament. It reached the 100,000 threshold and so the government had to respond.
Despite my misgivings about these petitions (i.e. they're useless and are just there to give us plebs the illusion that we're actively participating in democracy), I signed it. Nothing to lose, right?
I got an email this morning to say that the government had responded. The main points:
  • A "clear majority" of people had voted Leave
  • Parliament "overwhelmingly confirmed" the decision to Leave
  • 80% of people voted for parties which were committed to "respecting the result of the referendum."
  • The Government is committed to "respecting... the will of the people."
  • **** off.
There will be no referendum happening while May is in charge.
It's a shame they can't put the time or effort into some petition for something important, instead of something they are constantly being told won't happen.