View Single Post
Old 29-12-17, 02:32 PM   #9
Peacedub
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Ok as you've put it on here i'll answer here instead of pm.

i'm not a 100% sure but pretty sure 16v driveshafts and hub carriers are the wrong type like the the rest of the lower power range will be wrong for an easy S2 hub conversion.

If your car was a V6 then the front conversion is straightforward as the driveshafts and hub carriers are the same. Just take the hubs of and press in S2 hubs.

For the rears there is something about A6 C4 front hubs that fit. Alternatively get a B5 A4 whole rear axle this will have the 5 stud already there and will increase the track by 5mm. It's the same axle as fitted to the 80 but Audi used different bearing, disc and hubs. So you could convert your 80 rear by going down the converting route. You'll also need B5 abs ring as well.

Hth.
Hmmm interesting, I didn't realise v6 were the same which I'm gutted about because I've just broke a v6 cab and sold everything! Ooops.

I've spoken to a few people now and for the complete S2 front setup I'm looking a grand! I know I'll never lose on the price as they will re sell but I'm not planning to sell my car,lol. I think i'll just see how I get on with standard brakes for the time being, to be fair I only do about 1k a year. Worst case I'll look at bigger 4x108 discs.

Appreciate all the info guys. At least I have something to think about.
Peacedub is offline   Reply With Quote