View Single Post
Old 18-09-17, 09:58 PM   #7
Colin Aitchison
Classic Audi Club Member

Looks/sounds like you had a good time, can you talk us through the cars?

[/quote]

My own quattro B737 AKL is a 1984 car with a WR engine, Ian's quattro B10 VUR has a MB engine and Alan's quattro G20 VRR is a 20 valve, so you could say we had a full house of engines out today, with Ian getting his car back on the road in the last few month I thought when the road tax runs out on my Audi S2 I could garage it for the winter and tax my own quattro, so as you see this run in my mind has been in the planning for a few months, as I said in the first post we have agreed to another run in October, I would go back out tomorrow if I got the chance, I can only talk about my own car at this point, the exhaust noise with the K-jetronic fuel injection system dropping fuel into the cylinders on over run at low revs popping and burbling away going through the small towns and tight streets was awesome, I was a little bad today on the way home, the last run we were on John the meeting point was under a duel carriageway bridge, well on the way back after leaving Ian's there is the same layout with the duel carriageway above and roundabout each side with the link road between, there is also a pavement and a young couple was taking a mid afternoon stroll, I can confirm that they now know the unique sound of the Audi quattro, with a touch of throttle exiting one roundabout and the over run braking for the next, going to use that awesome word again.
Colin Aitchison is offline   Reply With Quote