View Single Post
Old 13-09-19, 08:35 AM   #84
Alan67
Grown up member

Hi all.

It appears that you've all been busy on my behalf since my last post! Not sure why, but I've not had any notifications about your posts, so my apologies for not replying to any of them.

Anyway, saga update....

Got the car back from the Auto Electrician yesterday.
Car is starting and running way better than it ever has. Bags of power now, but still misfiring/faltering, and the same old flat-spot at 2,000rpm....ugh!😕
Easiest way of explaining things is to put up a photo of the invoice, which explains things pretty well. Kind of.

Auto Electrician thinks maybe tappet noise. Neither myself or garage hear anything untoward in that area. There is however an irregular but constant 'hollow' chattering that is just audible from the front of the engine, possibly belt/pulley related. Garage has suggested I temporarily remove the belt and see if noise persists. Looks easy enough in the manual. Special 'tool' required though...thinking a bolt stuck in the holes would suffice?

Considering my luck recently, and with this being Friday the 13th, the car will no doubt catch fire as I remove the V-belt! Not to worry though, I'll keep a gallon of petrol nearby just in case!

By the way, I've booked the car into the garage again next Wednesday to specifically have this misfire fixed. Had enough of guessing my next move. Stick it in and let them get to the bottom of it. Wife and I are away on holiday for a week. Hoping (but doubting!) that it will all be smelling of roses upon our return 👍

Alan
Alan67 is offline   Reply With Quote