View Single Post
Old 04-08-19, 02:14 PM   #3
vorsprung durch technik
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan67 View Post
So I guess my question is....what could be causing this, and could the misfire that the car has had in the 2 weeks that I've owned (but barely driven) it be linked in some way?
It might be better to keep this in with "readers rides" where you first mentioned your problems.

I posted this for you but didn't get an answer..........

From your readers rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik View Post
Just read through this and readers rides. Welcome to the turbine smooth ABC 6 cylinder.

These engines and electrics are extremely robust and built to last apart from the Hall sender that sits behind the right hand bank cylinder head. I've owned one for near 20 years now and thats my experience of them.

I see you have bought many service items, great stuff, have you done the fuel filter change yet? These can cause a misfire. I'd also check that all injectors are working, could be one has a faulty wire connection. Just unplug one at a time and have a look at the loom at that point.
It mentioned the notorious 2.6 non start problem, it's down to the Hall sender at the back of the right hand bank cylinder head. Don't worry it's not an expensive job it only takes 10 mins to change the part plus the cost if it. I had exactly this same problem on my silver one @126k. It seams to me your car was sold on because it had a a few issues, isn't that always the case, but with a little perseverance you'll end up with a stunning car one you'll enjoy no end!! So,......did you change the fuel filter?
vorsprung durch technik is offline   Reply With Quote