Thread: 2nd in class
View Single Post
Old 06-05-14, 09:23 PM   #20
a1quattro
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default rays rally quattro with alloy block

bit of an update . i recently had the alloy block line bored [ was a un-used new block ] got new end caps made with extra bolt fixings to hold them in place , got new 10-1 je pistons, block almost ready to start assembling. will be switching from rs2 motronic [sold] to motec m800 recently purchased from keith at dialynx -3kg saved with new ecu loom and lighter ecu . my target is to save 50kg -25kg new alloy block, -3kg steel sump rather than alloy, -6kg remove front roll bar [ i beleave the works cars didnt run one up front so thought i will give it a try] -2kg pair front struts, -1kg removed from camcover,gearbox rear mount,rear prop flange,and a few bits cut off gearbox casing. weight saving parts still to get > lithium battery -9 kg , light weight alternator -3kg i make that 52kg my navigator also loosing weight his target is to loose 15kg , ive worked out that the car will be 6% lighter with driver and navigator , also with the new fresh engine and motec we should have 6 > 10% more power
a1quattro is offline   Reply With Quote