View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 02:07 PM   #4
Tanni
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post
Alarm - go ahead. Stock alarms are useless anyway. Does engine with disconnected control unit works?
B3, from which I got almost all wiring harness for my A80, was equipped with alarm, but without it, there was no problem at all. As far as I know, B3/C3/D11 stock alarms was for sound only, no "immobilisation". Dunno about newer audis.
I think it's disconnected now and was when I bought the car, so yes, the engine works.
The only problem should be IF the old wires are connected to the ignition key or not? For THAT reason it is worth it finding out what brand the alarm is, I am told!
Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post
Door handle - u should buy + screwdriver to remove that door handle, and, in worst case trim panel as well After that u will see what had happened with that cable and do u need new one. That was one of first my A80 problems, which I fixed - actually I regretted after that that I bought new cable - price was ~12 pounds in local parts store. Because in junkyard that would be much cheaper.
Great! Sounds easy! And good advice to see what's broken or missing before I rush to Halfrauds.