View Single Post
Old 28-08-08, 06:36 AM   #2
Isimmo
Super Moderator
Classic Audi Club Member

As you say, they are Ur systems and the tailpipes will need modifying to fit under a CQ rear bumper.

The only other modification is after the downpipe union/joint.

The Ur downpipe is slightly longer, so the system falls about 2" short on a CQ. This is fixed by cutting a section (including the bolted joint) off the old system flange and welding it to the Ur one. (Basically extending the end of the Ur system by 2").

system wise, the old white CQ ran a 2.5inch standard twin box Ur system, the Rally Rep runs a full 3" single box scoprion.

Torque wise, not really noticed any difference in torque, but the high end breathing is much improved. (and I mean much!)

Noise wise, there's bit of an issue though (well I felt it was), the 2.5" twin box system wasn't as loud, (obviously) but had a 'rasp' around 3Krpm that I hated. (others said it sounded great, but it didn't rock my boat).

This 3" Single Box Scorpion system is a totally different ball game, Very Loud, and no rasping. Pops and bangs well too.

Well worth having IMHO, and will be awesome with the modified engine... But you could fall into the 'raspy' noise, so go careful (read 'Balls Out - 3"), Booties avoided the rasp, and so's our Rally Rep.

Our first 2.5" system was Audi, the second is Scorpion. Booties is a 'bitza-everything' GMBH.

You might be as well to also put Jubilee clips around the exhaust donuts to give them rigidity and final adjustment of positioning.

Hope this helps

VBR
Ian