View Single Post
Old 12-04-18, 09:01 AM   #5
SPYROS29
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post
Well, I doubt the flywheel theory very very much. Yes, lighter vs heavier flywheel makes some difference, but mainly where the acceleration is highest - in lower gears, and surely it shouldn't affect top speed. So either the gearbox is too long [which I doubt], or your new valvetrain setup sucks very badly, due to too mild camshaft, improper cam or ignition timing or something else.

In any case, in order to get more fun, I would suggest you to get some different engine indeed - either mk2 golf GTI 8v engine, or B2 DZ, or, if you aren't affected by increased taxes, which caused your car to have that damn VW engine in first place, 2.0 out of B3 A80 or B3/B4 passat or mk3 golf. 2.0 feels really good in car of such weight - I've such engine in a mk2 golf Alternatively, if you can make sure that compression ratio is ok, as found by some VW folks, it's enough to put GTI cam, dizzy [from K-jet engine] and some better carb, to have power of GTI.
I think that you are absolutely right my friend. I think that maybe he put the wrong cam into the cylinder head. Today I have the 026 103 373 Q cylinder head (from PM engine). I must have the 026 109 101 Q cam. If he put the 049 109 101 K cam from the DR engine then this is the problem. I will check this then.
Otherwise.......
SPYROS29 is offline   Reply With Quote