Thread: Opinions.
View Single Post
Old 24-04-16, 12:29 PM   #28
hmg
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

I went to see it and its a nice car, I think you will wait a long time finding one that has had this level of restoration.

However there are a few niggles on closer inspection. Panel fit and gaps are a bit uneven around where the wings join the bonnet and boot areas,the leading edge of the bonnet and the headlight/indicator areas. Probably due to having to use non ford panels during the restoration,which generally don't fit.

I'm pretty sure a few of these left the factory in worse shape BITD but it would bug me,at this price point you'd want it right.

The car has zero history prior to the current ownership,so it has more likely done 145k and although pretty much everything has been replaced with new there is no evidence of engine or gearbox rebuilds.

That said it did sound sweet as a nut, and these engines are not complex.

I'm sure it will make a decent purchase for someone but as only 2 people have viewed it some people are bidding based on the Ebay photos alone.

It will be interesting to see what it realises as it is at 7.9k at the moment.

For me I'll wait for a more original but exceptionally correct car with good history or a higher standard restored one.

I am a fussy bugger though
hmg is offline   Reply With Quote