Thread: UR Quattro
View Single Post
Old 31-01-18, 06:57 PM   #13
Hanuman
Trickster
Classic Audi Club Member

That car was discussed on this forum some time back. The missing stripes and rad cover are still showing as missing.

£20k, and immediately it needs 2 fairly simple components to fix obvious issues. What else is not obvious? Who knows?

There's no guarantee that the car has major issues based solely on those two observations, but given the market rate in the last year or so, and comparing that to the likely purchase price (which I'd be surprised if it was close, let alone more than 75% of the current ticket) means that simple problems go unresolved for less than 10% of the minimum markup.
It doesn't inspire confidence.

There have been a few cars for sale over the recent years where the seller has monitored discussions on cars, and then made comments alluding to the precious nature of owners' clubs.

They are 2nd hand dealers, and should be viewed in a somewhat less favourable light than Arthur Daley.

The old caveats including 'buyer beware' aside- any car being purchased with a view to owning and enjoying it will need a damned good looking at, up close.