deegee99
Grown up member

Default 1990 Audi 100 Avant 2.3E For Sale
Seller Type : Private
Vehicle Make : Audi
Vehicle Model : Audi Avant 100 2.3E typ 44 c3
Price : £850 ono
Additional Details : V5C (Logbook),Taxed,MOT'd

Unfortunately I have to sell my beloved Audi 100 Avant with its 5 cylinder 2.3 engine. As an impoverished student about to leave college in April with a most undecided future in front of me I really need a car able to achieve much more mileage than the low 20's to the gallon around town that my Audi gets. On a run it does over 30 but most of my mileage is done through the centre of Nottingham as peak traffic times. Basically I just can't afford to run her. The car is a 1990 Audi 100 Avant 2.3E with auto box. 53554 miles on the clock, no reason to not to believe this amount as the previous owner only used the car to go to the shops and he stated that the owner before him used it for the same purpose. The speedo in the last month has started to occasionally stick, I was told the method to start it again and the 'bump' to the speedo housing starts it again. Flippin' annoying though, but I have read the article to repair it but I do not possess the equipment or the know how to do so. The engine on startup occasionally makes a ticking noise, I have been told its a sticking tappet, after a while it stops and the engine is smooth. The exhaust makes a rattling noise at standstill but stops immediately on takeoff. The previous owner had a new exhaust put on it and he thinks it needed a couple of rubber exhaust hangers to centralise it, I have never seen underneath so I don't know if there are any missing, I do know that if you move the exhaust slightly to one side at the back it stops. Occasionally the computer thingumajiggy goes strange and the matrix thing goes weird but that has only happened about 5 times in the 9 months I have owned it. It stops as soon as you restart the engine. Also I have noticed that at the same time the speedo went a bit weird the temp guage followed suit. It seems to have a will of its own and works now when it feels like it. All windows work, Central Locking works, 2 keys with the car. The rear tailgate glass has been replaced at some time and it does not have the rear window wash/wiper system in place. There is the electrics for them and a bottle for the washer but no mechanism or a hole in the glass for it to fit in!!! It has Audi rubber floor mats front and rear. There is a load cover for the rear boot section. Heated rear screen works. The car was owned by a disabled gentleman before myself and had been converted to hand brake or throttle, the parcel shelf below the steering wheel has been cut slightly to allow the control mechanism to work. I have the linkages and controls to convert it back should they be required and they will be in the boot. There is a full size spare wheel (Flat) and a space saver wheel (inflated) included as well as the jack and spanner etc. There is a CD player/Radio in the car and that is working fine. The interior is in great condition, please see the pics. The exterior has a bump in the rear valance near the exhaust tailpipe, shown in photo. Front bumper corners are very lightly scraped. It looks like the drivers side door might have been knocked at one time as I can see a slight crumple in the rear wheel arch near the doors trailing edge. Hardly noticable, I didn't see it until about 2 months into owning the car. Car has been retro fitted with rear parking sensors which work fine. Otherwise it looks pretty damn good. I just want people to know what small defects the car has but there is nothing major wrong with the car at all. Again I hope the pictures do it some justice. If you wish the actual shots I took please just message me your email addy and I'll send you the original shots. If you need specific shots please just ask, I will take them and either post them to you or post them on this thread.

I really want this car to go to a good home, I know that sounds a bit cliche but its a lovely motor to drive about, silky smooth, great ride comfort and a commanding presence on the road. I really need a smaller car with better mileage, I would do an exchange if someone has a decent car to swap with me, I can't afford to put any money towards the swap though so if you have a car worth 1000 pounds I can't go any higher than this car for a swap. It needs to be able to achieve plus 35 to the gallon around town, I have been looking at really small cars, but I am willing to look at anything. It would need to be MOT'd and Taxed though. Even if it was for a small amount of time. Try me for a swap, I can only say no This car really needs to be seen, I am situated in West Bridgford, Nottingham if you wish to see it. I can be contacted through replies to this ad or through PM's, I will then PM you my contact details.

deegee99 is offline   Reply With Quote