Thread: Water...
View Single Post
Old 07-03-16, 09:33 PM   #54
1781cc
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsladie View Post
Sorry1781cc for hijacking your post but trying to sort my leaks and hoping to help you with yours, I tested mine today and............ it bloody leaked again!! so back to the drawing board, using green water again I found that it was coming in by the drain hole in the scuttle but how?? I'd cleaned the drain but around the scuttle there was some black crap, trying to clean it away I realised it wasnt dirt but some kind of rubber crap, cleaned that away and victory(all be it hollow I'll take it) I found the damage that had been covered up, its obviously had a knock on the front and then bodged up, so at least I can work on that area now to sort it

Lovely isn't it, just need to know how to repair it now, I'm thinking hammer the metal back down and seal it ?? Open to suggestions. I'm not in a position to do major body work that will come later so I'm after more of a good quick fix ?
Wow, that's some damage! Hope you get it sorted, personally I think it needs some plates welding over it to do it properly, then treat, paint and seal

I don't have this damage on mine, so my problem is obviously different, but looks like it's your issue, so at least you found it!

Anyone advise on how to get to the plenum chamber on the v6?
1781cc is offline   Reply With Quote