View Single Post
Old 03-01-18, 10:31 PM   #17
Cynical26
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
Don't know the name of it John, the one way valve in the Ur is fitted in a rubber hose that connects to the top of the cam box /cover, from looking at photos of the NG engine bay online I don't think it has one, but from what was said by Graeme after blanking of the crank case breather the car starts fine, in my mind with the breather connected the engine in starting mode it is drawing air from the crank case rather than through air meter flap in turn the flap will not rise as far as it would to let the correct amount of fuel in to the cylinders, there for run like a bag of spanners, also said if there is some sort of one way air valve it may be connected round the wrong way of not acting like a one way valve (f**k*d), they also may look like a pipe connector with different colored ends, I think I am correct in saying Graeme has had this problem from day one and it may be a very simple fix as most of these starting / running problems are.
Colin: the car has always run fine once started. When I got the car the breather pipe at the crankcase was open. I replaced the rubber inlet duct after the mastic bung that had been clumsily used to block where the metal pipe was ment to connect had blown off under heavy acceleration (causing the car to cut out).

After replacing the duct I had some starting issues, nothing major. Those eventually built in to the problem exhibited in the video.

I don’t know about any one way valve, but the system is now open at the crankcase and runs, and starts, fine.

Need to find the cause though.
Cynical26 is offline   Reply With Quote