View Single Post
Old 05-06-16, 05:30 PM   #1
leggy

Arrow How long does it take you?

Hey guys
Just curious as to how long you spend cleaning your Classic Audi's?...
and I'm not talking stripping/cleaning of engines, cleaning the engine bay or any under-carriage works here!

These being my usual time scales ->

A quick wash and chamois, either with Mer in hot water or with soapy water and rinse, (inc tyre gel & glass) usually takes me about an hour.

A good wash & wax, so soapy wash, rinse and chamois, followed by tyre gel, glass cleaning, black trims & waxing of bodywork, usually takes me about 5hours.

First full-on clean up of the year (inc tyre gel, glass cleaning, black trims & waxing) usually takes me about 6hours; baring in mind that my boy is used daily and is kept outside, doesnt get washed over the cold/wet winter months, and that I usually give the window rubbers, sunroof seal and black trims a good scrub with a toothbrush to get rid of any green algae build up before I even get started on the general washing and polishing!

For a pre-show/meet clean up, well everything gets a thorough going over then, including the interior, so it can take me anything from 6hours to a couple of afternoons, and that's without another wipe over with a micro-fibre cloth once at the show/meet venue!

NB. I should perhaps point out that I have to carry 5-6 buckets of water up/down a flight of stairs in order to wash and then rinse my boy (although 1-2 times a year one of my neighbours does let me use his hose-pipe for the rinsing!), and that I dont use any fancy polishing gadgets, just good old "wax-on wax-off" elbow grease (in other words, it's all done by hand!).

So who'd like to start?

Last edited by leggy; 05-06-16 at 05:48 PM.
leggy is offline   Reply With Quote