View Single Post
Old 04-10-18, 07:44 PM   #18
Ben
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_bunter View Post
Slight tangent...

Comments made about bias in media etc. Reminded me of this interesting article about Twitter and its effects on the political landscape..

https://prospectmagazine.co.uk/magaz...soned-politics

Another article I read a while ago was about the last American election. This was highlighting the entrenchment of views on either side and the demonising (read hatred/dehumanising) of the opponent. The skill of listening to the opponent and understanding perhaps empathising and thus coming to a compromise has been lost in the whole American political system. Mainly by the media/political system being in the same bed. Sound familiar! The article I linked touches on this to a certain extent and the fact that no one really listens from the other side of a keyboard. They just try to win at any cost.

Also think on the fact that the BBC is no longer 'independent' of Politics. Whether you agreed with its left leaning bias or not (a natural thing to happen as that is mainly the type of person they employ) it was independent of party influence. IMO pretty consitent in how they provided news. No longer, as the top board/management are now political appointments. That was the last 'national' independent news provider left.

I will crawl back into my box.

BTW has anyone got access to ELSAWIN? If so please, please, please PM me

If there was a like button, I would have pressed it

This is the point I'm trying to make. No one in charge has said there will be a second referendum, because there won't be. So there's no news there. That leaves us with who has said there will, and why have they said it?

Last edited by Ben; 04-10-18 at 07:46 PM. Reason: forgot the smileys again
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote