View Single Post
Old 01-01-18, 08:57 AM   #9
20vcqdriver
4 ring whore!
Classic Audi Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Aitchison View Post
I am also find it a little strange that the A4 brake carrier bolted straight on, do you know the fixing bolt centers on you hub ( 76mm or 94mm)? are you using 15" or 16" wheels with the A4 288mm front disc setup? I take it you are using the A4 caliper, single piston, what is the size of the piston? I moved the battery to boot near side, cut the battery tray off the engine bay fire wall and welded it to the boot floor and fitted hold down bracket as well, keep up the good work.
Ah yes, forgot that when I did the original upgrade to 280mm (the disc on floorin pic) I swapped the struts for the early series 3 80 struts, identical in every way except they came with the larger carrier mounting Yes still using 15" Ronal R8, had to take off 1mm from the inside bottom of the wheel as carrier catching (Get a pic later), the G60's I tried some years ago were far worse in this respect which is why I retained the original calipers until now... Piston looks similar size but pad area much larger and should stop the brake fade

Coupe quattro 1986:-~450bhp + loooong list of mods!
Audi A7 Bi-TDI SLine Black edition 2015 mapped to produce 600lb/ft torque!
Audi S4 4.2 V8 cabriolet 2004:-
20vcqdriver is offline   Reply With Quote