View Single Post
Old 06-06-18, 06:47 PM   #3
KB_Yorks
Grown up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh View Post
What is exact problem with existing unit?

It's not very hard to make new cables, nor it requires any special to do that - just angle grinder, 1 kg hammer, drilling machine and a few drills in the diameter of cable in question [likely 2 mm] and also piece of new cable and small piece of thick metal, some 8-10 mm. My mk2 golf has self made front power windows regulators, which I made up from existing mk2 manual regulator rails, B3 saloon front power window motors [identical to mk2 ones, apart from power cable], existing cable casings and self made cables.
Hi msh

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

The problem with the unit is that when I operate from the switch the window works okay to go down but then if I press the switch again to put the window back up it won't go back up. I have to wait a while before I can use it again. Its as though the thermal cut-out kicks in and I have to wait a while before I can operate the window again. The window has always been a bit slow at going back up and so I think the cables are worn inside.

I have a mk 2 golf too but manual windows (which I am preferring at the moment ha ).

Thanks
Karl
KB_Yorks is offline   Reply With Quote