Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MyHermes, shower of b******s! (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37498)

theschmallfella 14-09-17 07:39 PM

MyHermes, shower of b******s!

Sorry, but I have to vent. A very nice gentleman from the facebook page bought my set of V8 lights last month and as I usually do I sent them via MyHermes. I've never had trouble with anything I've ever sent and I'm always one for carefully packing anything I send out. So I send them, and after a week there's no sign of them. Two weeks pass and still no sign, so I get onto them and they come back and say I hadn't paid the right postage (again something I'm careful of). So I pay the extra and the guy waits. And waits. And waits. Needless to say he's getting annoyed and so am I. I get in touch again a few days ago and they tell me they'll investigate it. The tracking info says it's out for deliver since the 5th of this month and then nothing. And then suddenly today they arrive! Looking like this...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4440/...205221fa_h.jpgDSC_1465 by Luke W Cleary, on Flickr

This was how they left me....

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4395/...1f7f25d7_b.jpg20245457_10214314333151781_2282626595405548583_n by Luke W Cleary, on Flickr

Needless to say both me and the buyer are p*ssed. That'll be the last time I ever use this lot. These are rare enough, now they're not worth shit to either of us. I'm a bit cross about it. Rant over. :fire:

sinbin5t 14-09-17 08:11 PM

Cynical got some broken elipsoid headlights delivered through Hermes i think, nobody gives a monkeys about being careful handling goods anymore :nonod:

audi80fan 14-09-17 08:40 PM

I always package everything like its going to be handled by a heavy handed gorilla, kicked into the back of the van, and dropped off the top of a building . That way you can't go far wrong.

audi80fan 14-09-17 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theschmallfella (Post 433618)
.. they come back and say I hadn't paid the right postage (again something I'm careful of). So I pay the extra and the guy waits.

But yeah, Hermes I don't touch with a bargepole any more. They always pull that one.

I've had recent success via Parcel2go + Yodel24, and Parcel2go + Parcelforce.

theschmallfella 14-09-17 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audi80fan (Post 433622)
But yeah, Hermes I don't touch with a bargepole any more. They always pull that one.

I've had recent success via Parcel2go + Yodel24, and Parcel2go + Parcelforce.

Well it won't happen again I can tell you, these guys just don't give a monkey's, they just f*ck things around. There's just no respect for anything these days. Same goes for people in car parks but that's another days rant! :ihih:

Hanuman 14-09-17 09:36 PM

A friend and colleague of mine has a sideline business that sells via Amazon, EBay and few other outlets. He was gobsmacked at the packaging requirements imposed by Amazon, which effectively added on average something like 40% to the total cost of the product being sold.

The reason?
Safeguarding seller and buyer against the fact that the transport company have zero control over the min-wage scum employed to do the scut work.

In my current branch of the aviation business, I see the philosophy put into practice. If you have folk who simply go into work to get the job done, they are under such time constraints that care in handling is at best third place to time considerations.
(Remember the old 'this way up' ������������logos that comedy skits parody pointing at china?)
Sadly, such folk do not constitute a great majority.

Baggage handlers playing American football with small bags.
I see a 'crate' of mail order wine dropped five feet onto the tarmac daily, in France, where the packaging could barely withstand a careful doorstep hand delivery.

Malicious damage and sheer corporate level careless go hand in hand, and rarely are easily differentiated. Boredom is a big factor.

A certain mail provider have had 'black ball' cameras in sorting centres for years aimed at combatting the issues that rarely get filtered by the animals now known as HR.

Sadly, if you think the packaging is good enough, then at least double it. I bought some parts recently which arrived in one piece. They were wrapped for resilience, marked for careful handling, and only just survived the trip across Western Europe intact.

rangerovering 14-09-17 09:46 PM

I wont use MyHermes again either they collected a parcel I had sold on ebay, (Land Rover lamp guards) and then when checking the postage status on their tracker system it remained "in depot" for weeks. Luckily it wasn't massively high value but I still had to refund the buyer and lost the money spent on supposedly shipping it :mad:

theschmallfella 14-09-17 09:50 PM

You see there's the thing, I always double pack an item when posting it. So basically the damage that was done would have required serious force to achieve a break like that. I fear the scum bag that broke it used it as a trampoline before delivering it.

theschmallfella 14-09-17 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerovering (Post 433627)
I wont use MyHermes again either they collected a parcel I had sold on ebay, (Land Rover lamp guards) and then when checking the postage status on their tracker system it remained "in depot" for weeks. Luckily it wasn't massively high value but I still had to refund the buyer and lost the money spent on supposedly shipping it :mad:

And therein lies my next problem, I have to now refund the buyer and loose the cost of the postage as well. They've sent me a claim form but I won't hold my breath.

radford1964 15-09-17 04:10 AM

Oh Sh#T I have bought a pair of very good front wings for my audi c4 as they where rot free and dent free, and there coming via hermes large and light service. So who know,s what they,ll be like. :-o 5555555