Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   happy fathers day (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38273)

maurice.walsh 16-06-18 11:40 PM

happy fathers day

a very happy fathers day to all the dads here :D

Davids 17-06-18 08:20 AM

Add to that. Mine are both travelling Australia, so first year for 26 neither of them are at home, bit sad but they are happy, so that's all that counts.

But why does the wife no feel she has to get me to go out and do things because they are not here FFS, 24hr LeMan is on TV and then the World Cup, I could have a fathers day sat on the sofa with the remote control all to myself :cryin::cryin:

Isimmo 17-06-18 09:32 AM

My fathers day - I get Sauvage aftershave and a new linen shirt.

From this I deduce -
1) They think I should be more like Jonny Depp.
2) My current choice of faded and oil stained attire isn't cutting it any more.
3) I need to smell better.:lol:

maurice.walsh 17-06-18 10:27 AM

@ isimmo, i think your dead on with no 2 and 3, much the same happens here even without fathers day :D:D:D, for me , im supposed to be at a show with the iltis that has no doors:D, apart from the fact its blowing a hurricane n tipping down :rolleyes: dont you just love an irish summer :rolleyes: the iltis is still up on stands awaiting brake shoes fitting, but this week has some good in it :tup: my drain on resources ( 18 year old daughter) has finished school sense thursday and starts earning a full time wage monday(tomorrow) and dropped me some beer tokens in a card :tup:

maurice.walsh 17-06-18 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davids (Post 447123)
Add to that. Mine are both travelling Australia, so first year for 26 neither of them are at home, bit sad but they are happy, so that's all that counts.

But why does the wife no feel she has to get me to go out and do things because they are not here FFS, 24hr LeMan is on TV and then the World Cup, I could have a fathers day sat on the sofa with the remote control all to myself :cryin::cryin:

if the wife is hunting you out to do stuff, then do just that :D take yourself down the local or maybe not the local, find a pub you wont be found in :devil: n settle in for the 24hr or the footie or whatever :D:D:D

vorsprung durch technik 17-06-18 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurice.walsh (Post 447129)
if the wife is hunting you out to do stuff, then do just that :D take yourself down the local or maybe not the local, find a pub you wont be found in :devil: n settle in for the 24hr or the footie or whatever :D:D:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lovvvit!

Isimmo 17-06-18 02:33 PM

I have now been dragged half way across southern England for more fathers day shenanigans... Will the misery ever end?

Ringmaster 17-06-18 08:06 PM

To good fathers, past and present.... :)

Isimmo 17-06-18 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringmaster (Post 447148)
To good fathers, past and present.... :)

Bless, you are completely correct....

Past and present:tup:.

maurice.walsh 17-06-18 10:25 PM

i second that :tup: well said that man:tup: