Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Gatherings and Events (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   East Fortune Wings and Wheels (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37536)

20vcqdriver 23-09-17 08:30 AM

East Fortune Wings and Wheels

Anyone going to this show tomorrow 24th. Myself and another Club Audi member are attending and be giving the Cq its longest single trip in 20 years. This is in prep for the proposed European tour next year :rock:
Hoping a few of the Scottish forum members might be going :tup:

John. 23-09-17 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver (Post 434083)
Anyone going to this show tomorrow 24th. Myself and another Club Audi member are attending and be giving the Cq its longest single trip in 20 years. This is in prep for the proposed European tour next year :rock:
Hoping a few of the Scottish forum members might be going :tup:

Working as usual............might be there on business though :lol:

Weather forecast looking ok, enjoy Dave.

:tup:

John. 24-09-17 11:58 PM

Didn’t make it east today but I’m assuming that was yourself I gave the :tup: at Dolphinton at 5 o’clock ish?

20vcqdriver 25-09-17 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John. (Post 434175)
Didn’t make it east today but I’m assuming that was yourself I gave the :tup: at Dolphinton at 5 o’clock ish?

Ah, yes that was me, trying to get home before the deluge started. Failed on that point but good to drive on roads where it was possible to overtake, just too crowded down here for those kind of opportunities. A great day and good to get up close to a genuine Concorde.:tup: and some good classics on display too though another local show on the same day meant less at this event than normal.
Driving up was a joy at 4am, makes a change to the crowded roads normally and that I had to battle with as I drove south again after the show. Car behaved perfectly too just as well as still had a couple of people who didn't approve of me opertaking them and sped up as I pulled out, unfortunately for them I was past in a flash despite there attempts to stop me...:moon:

John. 25-09-17 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver (Post 434179)
Ah, yes that was me......

It looked good on the road Dave, I think I've only seen your car at the classic show in Birmingham, but looked great on the move even if you were doing only 40mph! Not a bad road that down to Abington.....did you come up the same road?

20vcqdriver 27-09-17 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John. (Post 434181)
It looked good on the road Dave, I think I've only seen your car at the classic show in Birmingham, but looked great on the move even if you were doing only 40mph! Not a bad road that down to Abington.....did you come up the same road?

Yep at 8am and fab roads to drive on compared to our potholed versions down here, Didn't push it hard too much though as I'm not familiar with the roads or where potential speed cameras or other hazards might be :rock:

John. 27-09-17 01:12 PM

.......and what about this European Tour 2018 ?! :ihih:

20vcqdriver 27-09-17 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John. (Post 434332)
.......and what about this European Tour 2018 ?! :ihih:

Ah,
Planning on a group of Audi enthusiasts visiting the Audi Museum and factory next year with a gentle return trip on some scenic roads around early Sept:rock:

John. 27-09-17 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver (Post 434333)
Ah,
Planning on a group of Audi enthusiasts visiting the Audi Museum and factory next year with a gentle return trip on some scenic roads around early Sept:rock:

I'm sure your car will easily take that in it's stride :tup:

SwallownAmazon 28-09-17 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20vcqdriver (Post 434333)
Ah,

That sounds good - are you organising it or do you have a friendly travel agent to do the drudgery for you? I have a contact in the travel business that might be able to help - for a price though.
Trip to Ingoldstadt is on my "bucket list". :) :)