Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Engine (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Audi 80 project - Pointers (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37877)

fadingfury 07-01-18 06:30 PM

Audi 80 project - Pointers
 
Hi,

Just became an owner of a Audi 80 b3. 1.8 Carb.

Anyway it has a few issues starting off by losing water.....did 70 miles yesterday and it used about half of the water in the tank.......will it be a dreaded head gasket or are these prone to other issues for using water?

The window wipers also only work on full which is quite annoying.....any tips?

The engine is quite lumpy but very likely needs a good servicing etc.

Getting condensation inside the car so will be looking for new seals im guessing for the doors.

Any advice would be much appericated for these cars as its my first audi let alone first 80.

Thanks

John. 07-01-18 06:46 PM

Regards coolant, you need to identify if it's losing or using it........maybe it's loosing it through the heater matrix, that'd explain the condensation?

Dash out job for the matrix. :cryin:

sinbin5t 07-01-18 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John. (Post 439379)
Regards coolant, you need to identify if it's losing or using it........maybe it's loosing it through the heater matrix, that'd explain the condensation?

Dash out job for the matrix. :cryin:


My thoughts too, quick look under the dash will show signs if it's the case.

vorsprung durch technik 07-01-18 06:55 PM

Or front carpets. :eek:

vorsprung durch technik 07-01-18 06:56 PM

If it feels a little greasy on the inside of your from window then it's the Matrix. :cryin:

sinbin5t 07-01-18 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik (Post 439384)
If it feels a little greasy on the inside of your from window then it's the Matrix. :cryin:


Fingers crossed it's not something serious :tup:

vorsprung durch technik 07-01-18 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 439385)
Fingers crossed it's not something serious :tup:

Serious? Could be Ecoli all over the place not to mention Botulism.:yikes:

sinbin5t 07-01-18 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik (Post 439386)
Serious? Could be Ecoli all over the place not to mention Botulism.:yikes:



:lol::lol::lol: That's the end of the country you live in :lol::lol::lol:

vorsprung durch technik 07-01-18 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 439389)
:lol::lol::lol: That's the end of the country you live in :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :hand: More like the conditions you get living in a Dark Puddle. :moon:

sinbin5t 07-01-18 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik (Post 439390)
:lol: :hand: More like the conditions you get living in a Dark Puddle. :moon:


:lol::lol::lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007-2008 Classic Audi | Site by Roadrunna