Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Audi sport & history (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   100 Years of Audi at Ingolstadt driving at the Donauring (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5960)

hansport 02-08-09 11:16 PM

100 Years of Audi at Ingolstadt driving at the Donauring

5 Attachment(s)
By kind invitation from Audi, we (Hansport) were asked to participate in their 100 year celebration at Ingolstadt and so we decided to take a select few of our cars and eventually transported three Ex-Works factory rally car examples back to the factory, not only to show and shine, but also to drive alongside the greats at The Donauring which is just a few minutes from the Factory.

We brought The first ever audi quattro competition rally car, (yes- this car is the very first). It was debuted on the Algarve Rally in 1980 by Hannu Mikkola (IN-NE 3), a car which runs on the mechanical Pierburg injection system.

Also, we brought the first A2 quattro rally car of all time, (IN-NL 67) which debuted on The 1983 Corsican Rally with Mikkola - a car which was subsequenly also used in Mikkola's World Championship winning year.

Last, but by no means least, we brought the car which won Pikes Peak in 1985, with Michele Mouton (IN-NY 25). Michele still holds the record on Pikes Peak with this car and it was the baby of our turnout group for the Centenary.

Here are the first 5 photos and hope we have much more to follow:-

hansport 02-08-09 11:36 PM

Mikkola chases Pikes Peak Winner.............

Michele Mouton's Pikes Peak Winning S1 (IN-NY 25) being chased by Hannu Mikkola and Harald Demuth in their S1 E2's on The Donauring.

What a brilliant feeling............

hansport 03-08-09 12:01 AM

Walter in S1 E2 Pikes Peak leads the way

Walter was as spectacular as ever. What a gentleman he is.

Time to take backstage and follow Walter, (of course) - but wow, what a car and what a driver he is........

hansport 03-08-09 01:23 AM

Classic Audi member Alpha (Pilky) of The Donauring

5 Attachment(s)
Here's Classic Audi's Member "Alpha" one of my most trusted technicians - better known now to our lads as "Pilky of The Donauring" suiting up, ready to take the most important drive of his rallying career. (Ian has competed in Rallying for many years), but this is a world alien to him now!!!!!

Ian is about to drive the most significant, historic and most valuable rally car in the world, that being IN-NE 3, the world's first 4WD, turbocharged rally car - and more to the point....the actual car that put Audi on the map in terms of quattro success and the pressure begins to show........

The photos speak for themselves.....

quattrokid 03-08-09 01:29 AM

:yikes:

WHAT A thread!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing this with us:tup:

are you planning or know whats being planned for next years 30th anniversary of the Ur quattro please?

hansport 03-08-09 01:47 AM

30 Years of quattro!

Thanks for the reply,

From the feedback we had at the weekend, Audi Tradition (who run the shop in terms of history and parties) are saying "we have had enough parties".

In terms of the enthusiasm from you, me and the rest of us, we are saying "yes, but it's 30 years of quattro"

I suggest we apply UK specific pressure for rememberance of the 30 Years, in order to assist our European counterparts (clubs/forums/rally/ race drivers). That way, Audi Tradition will realise that there is a genuine & sincere following that require an acknowledgement. I did go to great lengths to remind the boys (and girls) at Ingolstadt that the UK was the greatest UR quattro market.

Question is............. can we "whoop up" enough enthusiasm in the UK, I wonder?

Anyone interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

John

quattrokid 03-08-09 01:55 AM

had enough parties....:confused::confused: WHEN exactly?

30 years next year, not this:rolleyes:

perhaps the Europe chaps and chapesses have a better set up than we do?

It would be nice to have a factory supported event next year for the Ur. EVERY new model launch Audi seems fit to wheel out a factory fresh 20v'er dont they:rolleyes:

I ''ll be going to Ingolstadt so hope to find somebody home!!

do you know anything about the RS2 saloons built?

I think 2 went to either the Sultan of Brunei or Shiek AL Maktoum AL Maktoum Mohamed Smith or what ever the chap who owns Dubai is called.:ihih:

perhaps the black RS2 saloon was for Walter Rorhl since he has 1 of the 2 black shorty sporties made, Herr Piech having the other one.

the penny has just dropped.... are you John Hanlon? if so Hi John, we have met at Bradford and at Chatsworth briefly.

hansport 03-08-09 02:05 AM

Hmmmmm......Yes, I'm John

Hi, Yes....I am John.

Lots to think about in your reply and we definitely need to co-ordinate a group to approach Audi Tradition for 30 Years of quattro.

I really hope we can get something going guys, as we need to start "NOW"

quattrokid 03-08-09 02:25 AM

Amanda is in touch with guys in Germany so the seeds are sewn for next year, I am sure there will be a British contingent heading over there... as of number strength its a bit early to tell.

Also may depend when exactly as well. March has been mentioned already.

welcome to the forum John, good to have you aboard:)

amanda 03-08-09 06:54 AM

Hi John and welcome and you know what I think :p :p Bring on the 30th anniversery quattro party next year at Ingolstadt :finger: :finger: