Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any fans of Ronin? (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37342)

Kenquattro 10-08-17 08:37 AM

Any fans of Ronin?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S8-D2....c100005.m1851

:shake:

John. 10-08-17 08:49 AM

A good ad, the seller likes it that's for sure! Buy-it-now looks a good price?

:tup:

mackenzie50 10-08-17 12:11 PM

Some years ago now... but within a week of seeing Ronin for the first time I went out and bought an E34 ...sadly my budget at the time didn't stretch to an M5 so settled on a lesser powered model but loved the car.
Still on my wishlist, another E34, I think a 535i Sport would do, but Jeez they seem a rare beast now!

mackenzie50 10-08-17 12:16 PM

PS: an S8 also features on( my lengthy) wishlist!:D

John. 10-08-17 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackenzie50 (Post 431820)
Some years ago now... but within a week of seeing Ronin for the first time I went out and bought an E34 ...sadly my budget at the time didn't stretch to an M5 so settled on a lesser powered model but loved the car.
Still on my wishlist, another E34, I think a 535i Sport would do, but Jeez they seem a rare beast now!

....about 10 years ago:-
After it had drained the battery flat a colleague of mine attended a 535i (manual!!), the owner wasn't using it and tax was about to run out.....I got told about it and me and a mate went to view, £250 later and we had it ! :tup:

slacky 10-08-17 09:21 PM

Near to me if anyone wants me to have a gander for them ?

Looks very nice , I'm guessing the previous owner was a member of club audi , from the paper work, so like John said has been looked after in the past ..
Emerald green lovely ;)

As a by the by was the ronin one Ragusa green?

theschmallfella 10-08-17 10:32 PM

Hate the wheels on this, they don't belong to this era A8, or any Audi of that era. Would prefer to see the originals from the S8. I wonder why the arm rests are cable tied together? I do love the D2 A8, although I prefer the facelift version. As a side note, a 2002 burgundy metallic with cream interior A8 sold down my way today for a mere £700, mileage was high but it was a very well minded example. I should have bid! As for the film, it's one of my favourites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kenquattro 10-08-17 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slacky (Post 431846)
Near to me if anyone wants me to have a gander for them ?

Looks very nice , I'm guessing the previous owner was a member of club audi , from the paper work, so like John said has been looked after in the past ..
Emerald green lovely ;)

As a by the by was the ronin one Ragusa green?

The one in Ronin was Racing Green, same as the one in the eBay ad, but didn't have the wrong spec front bumper, or those later alloys.
All the mods done to it have made it look worse and less desirable, in my opinion. :shake:

It would look a lot better, standard. :tup:

Kenquattro 10-08-17 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theschmallfella (Post 431854)
Hate the wheels on this, they don't belong to this era A8, or any Audi of that era. Would prefer to see the originals from the S8. I wonder why the arm rests are cable tied together? I do love the D2 A8, although I prefer the facelift version. As a side note, a 2002 burgundy metallic with cream interior A8 sold down my way today for a mere £700, mileage was high but it was a very well minded example. I should have bid! As for the film, it's one of my favourites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The armrests are prone to breaking on the pre facelift cars like this.
Agreed on the alloys, the pre facelift S8 alloys are lush. :tup:

mikes2 11-08-17 06:02 AM

Had an S8 previously - wouldn't touch this one.

The wheels and plate are bad enough but it's prefacelift and has a gearbox issue