Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Audi Cabriolet 1995 2.6 (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36429)

Cableguy11 11-01-17 01:54 PM

Audi Cabriolet 1995 2.6

Hello everyone, my first post here.

I have recently purchased an Audi 80 cabriolet, a car that I had always wanted since i laid eyes on it. I bought it as a bit of a project car, doing bits and bats to get it ready for the summer. Mostly cosmetics.

I have been doing some stuff over the weekends. I have started with the steering wheel, as it desperately needs replacing, all the leather has ripped. The guy whom i bought the car off, gave me a replacement steering wheel but unfortunately it looks like it has different size holes at the back of it. Which makes me question if the steering wheel currently in the car is the original.

At the moment i have a 3 spoke with airbag, withe the old s line badge at the base of the wheel.

So my first question is, does anyone know if this is the original wheel for the car, if not which one should i be looking for. From looking around ebay, the one on the car at the moment, has a similar fitting as the B5 audi A4.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

the red baron 11-01-17 03:27 PM

Hi cableguy11 I have an Audi 80 2.6 cabrio, S reg, I am certainly no expert, in fact quite the opposite, but mine has a 4 spoke steering wheel which I believe to be the original one. there are however quite a few different ones depending on the model! Hope that this of help.
Not surprised you fell in love with it, they are properly nice looking cars:tup:

audi80fan 11-01-17 04:46 PM

3 spoke with airbag sounds like a replacement item for that model and year and not original.

Cableguy11 11-01-17 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies. I also thought it maybe a replacement. But the airbag was connected and when I unplugged it, the airbag light has come on and stayed on. I'm not sure if the 4 spoke one had an airbag. I have attached a google photo that looks like my steering wheel, with the same cockpit.

audi80fan 12-01-17 12:42 AM

A car that year would have an airbag, so they have replaced the old one (likely a 4 spoke airbag type) with the sportier later type you have. Its a nice wheel I would be happy with that as it is

the red baron 12-01-17 04:58 PM

hi again, yeh my interior has not got the wood dash, but that does look like a replacement wheel! The seats look like they may be from something more modern too! :tup:

the red baron 12-01-17 05:01 PM

Sorry bud,
just realised thats not your car is it?? :confused::confused::o

Cableguy11 12-01-17 05:08 PM

Hi Baron

No that was just a google photo, ill take an actual photo tonight. if you google audi 80 cabriolet interior, some have three spoke wheel, some have 4.

I have to say that the sline steering wheel does look good, im just trying to find a similar one on ebay.

the red baron 12-01-17 06:40 PM

I will keep my eyes and ears open :tup::tup:

fourringsrus 12-01-17 07:09 PM

I believe its an S2 wheel which many of them had as time went on, mine did and it was a 97