Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Audi 90 quattro 20v 54k miles...... (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38346)

a25c 23-07-18 07:00 PM

Audi 90 quattro 20v 54k miles......

Looks like a genuine low miler...:D

Duffy3074 23-07-18 07:15 PM

I like that for obvious reasons

:D

a25c 23-07-18 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy3074 (Post 447956)
I like that for obvious reasons

your car?

John. 23-07-18 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a25c (Post 447954)
Looks like a genuine low miler...:D

Nice.
:tup:......a few things needing done to warrant the price tag though!

More pics here...… http://www.themodernclassiccarco.com...salespage.html

Duffy3074 23-07-18 08:32 PM

No but very similar in appearance

:)

https://i.imgur.com/lA7PYHm.jpg

Mellis46 23-07-18 08:54 PM

Very nice that. However passionate the seller obviously is, I can't see he stands much chance of getting his price? Nice 205 he has too.

Will watch this with interest. Its done about a quarter of the mileage of mine, maybe HOL is worth a quarter as much!! :lol:

quattrodave 23-07-18 09:07 PM

Interesting ? did the earlier 90 quattros have 'audi 90' on the dash rather than 'quattro' badging, mine is august 91 and it has quattro script on the dash insert. So is that the original dash ? and why did someone put the aftermarket ultrasonic sensors in the dash although they do look like a good fit.

Obviously been tidied up for sale judging by their website and the MOT fail 5 days before the pass in May makes you wonder what they paid for it and have done to it to get it ready for sale since the MOT pass, shame they did not source new door bottom rubbers.

It is nice to see one with perfect door card cloth unlike mine, just a shame its not got the sport seats although it has the extra gauges and rear electric windows, mine had the non sports seats no centre gauges but it had electric windows all round (since resolved with sports seats/gauges and electric sunroof retro fitted).

Mellis46 23-07-18 09:14 PM

HOL had a 'quattro' dash badge, registered December '89. Must admit i noticed the sensors, never a fan of those wherever they are placed, wonder what after market alarm spaghetti there will be behind the dash, original or not!

audi80fan 23-07-18 10:05 PM

Looks very nice to me.

I would describe the price as "testing the market" perhaps.

mikes2 24-07-18 08:27 AM

Pretty sure this same car was on carandclassic for £7k a few months back.

My car has the sensors in the dash at the sides - there was a dealer fit alarm at some point.

a25c 24-07-18 05:08 PM

"The 20V engine was paired only with all-wheel drive, sports suspension and a five-speed
manual transmission, confirming this as the driver’s car of the 80/90 lineup.":shake:

John. 24-07-18 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a25c (Post 447983)
"The 20V engine was paired only with all-wheel drive, sports suspension and a five-speed
manual transmission, confirming this as the driver’s car of the 80/90 lineup.":shake:

Aye, the seller's a tryer for sure!...….also putting down the turbo'd and coupe varieties. Obviously this the only Audi worth buying?!

Nice car nonetheless, although would be better with properly refurbished wheels and new lower door mouldings.
Why the sunglasses on the dash?.....great pics but why are they there?!

Mellis46 24-07-18 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John.
Why the sunglasses on the dash?.....great pics but why are they there?!

"LIFE-STYLE"

:lol::lol:

vwaudimaddkev 24-07-18 06:24 PM

left his rose tinted ones in house

John. 24-07-18 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwaudimaddkev (Post 447988)
left his rose tinted ones in house

I think he's wearing them !

Kenquattro 25-07-18 12:45 PM

A nice example, condition/mileage/history wise.
Spec wise, it is the usual poverty spec like my old white one was. Non leather wheel/gear knob/gaiter is/was particularly offensive on what was a top of the range model. As are the non sport style front seats. All easily upgraded.

I always thought the 20V should have been Sport spec as standard. Audi missed a trick, there.

The poverty spec of the 1990/91 standard Audi 90 models was disappointing having replaced an '87 2.2E for a '90 q20V with far worse spec.

When I finally bought the black '91 90 q20V Sport pretty much fully specced, it was like a different car to the basic white one.

In my opinion, the price of £9k is a bit steep, no, vertical, even in today's climate.

The price of £18500 in April '91 at 12k miles was very, very high against it's new price. To put things in perspective, my friend's father paid £13500 for his fully loaded ex Press Car 10v Sport (F871 WNH) in April '90 at bang on 8k miles. Bearing in mind the prices were reduced on the '90 Model Year 90s, so the 20Vs were virtually the same price as the earlier 10vs from late '88/early '89.

The dash badge should be quattro, not Audi 90.

Very nice, for what it is, though. I like it. :tup:

Duffy3074 25-07-18 02:45 PM

It’s top notch Cortina money that.
It’s nothing to do with their quality as cars but all to do with them being icons of the times, in the U.K. the Cortina and a lot of other relics of those days are, our Audi’s, outwith the UR Quattro just isn’t, sadly.
I’d be delighted if he got what he was asking however I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he does and I’m happy to be wrong

AdrianH 25-07-18 03:35 PM

On the other hand those of us who know what it is would quite happily pay that price (OK maybe not quite that price) for a 90 quattro 20valve, whereas I wouldn't even pay £900 for a Cortina, in any condition. I suppose a Sierra 4x4 of some sort is more fair comparison era-wise, but I expect those are worth silly money too. Followed one home last night, can't remember the last time I saw one before that.

Duffy3074 25-07-18 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdrianH (Post 448026)
On the other hand those of us who know what it is would quite happily pay that price (OK maybe not quite that price) for a 90 quattro 20valve, whereas I wouldn't even pay £900 for a Cortina, in any condition. I suppose a Sierra 4x4 of some sort is more fair comparison era-wise, but I expect those are worth silly money too. Followed one home last night, can't remember the last time I saw one before that.

It's not about the quality of the cars, the engineering excellence, or what they can do.

These cars a trip down memory lane for most folk involving a 'I used to have one of those' or 'My Dad etc had one of those'. That means the popular mass market cars of the day, which are icons of the time, are the ones that have the value (especially if they've been shoddily made and are getting rare).

A clean Xr4x4 is getting rare/expensive as well, the Cortina was just an example, I'm not saying it's a better car etc etc.

AdrianH 25-07-18 04:02 PM

No I appreciate that. Values have no basis in logic. Which is good for us, really.

Duffy3074 25-07-18 04:06 PM

I'd argue otherwise, as logically the 90 should be worth a lot more as it's a much higher quality car, unless you are looking to buy in which case, yes it's a good thing

AdrianH 25-07-18 04:17 PM

I agree completely. If 'our' car's value were based on their quality I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have an MB in the shed.

quattrodave 25-07-18 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenquattro (Post 448023)
A nice example, condition/mileage/history wise.
Spec wise, it is the usual poverty spec like my old white one was. Non leather wheel/gear knob/gaiter is/was particularly offensive on what was a top of the range model. As are the non sport style front seats. All easily upgraded.

I always thought the 20V should have been Sport spec as standard. Audi missed a trick, there.

Well at least the 20v quattro had the sports suspension as standard in the UK, in the US they got standard suspension and the 256 front discs, the larger ones were only on the coupe 20v cars there.

My own august 91 90 20v quattro had the plastic steering wheel, manual sunroof, non sports seats no central gauges, no spoiler but it had leather gear lever knob/gaitor, electric windows all round, aeriel in rear heated screen. Dads 89 10v 90 quattro had leather wheel, electric windows all round, sports seats and rear spoiler but 14 inch wheels and the smaller brakes as standard.

Much easier back in the 90's to upgrade seats,spoiler,sunroof, steering wheel when there were lots of trashed cars in breakers. :tup:

Mellis46 25-07-18 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quattrodave (Post 448031)

Much easier back in the 90's to upgrade seats,spoiler,sunroof, steering wheel when there were lots of trashed cars in breakers. :tup:

Even 2001/2002 when I got my first they were ten-a-penny, (good times!) many of them with sub 100,000 miles on the clock. Criminal really, a lot of those cars could realistically still be around given the build quality!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy3074 (Post 448027)
It's not about the quality of the cars, the engineering excellence, or what they can do.

These cars a trip down memory lane for most folk involving a 'I used to have one of those' or 'My Dad etc had one of those'. That means the popular mass market cars of the day, which are icons of the time, are the ones that have the value (especially if they've been shoddily made and are getting rare).

A clean Xr4x4 is getting rare/expensive as well, the Cortina was just an example, I'm not saying it's a better car etc etc.

Comical how some proper shite is apparently ‘worth’ a bucket because of that nostalgia factor... even though the B3 90 was a quality car, a bit of a looker, and is now comparatively scarce still hasn’t tipped the balance for the them. But, no matter to me, will keep mine as long as it keeps going because I like it, it was never meant as an investment.:nonod:

urquattr085 25-07-18 08:59 PM

Nice looking motor but I think a few more pics would be good :ihih::ihih::ihih: :lol::lol::lol:

Steve90q 26-07-18 10:46 AM

Good looking 90, dealer use to sell Porsche's if a remember correctly, im hearing a few interested things about the seller :grr:. Might be worth having a google and doing some homework before handing over your bitcoins!

Duffy3074 26-07-18 12:10 PM

He’s claiming to me that he’s taken a deposit and it’s sold!

Ben 26-07-18 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy3074 (Post 448060)

Feck!! from £2.5k to £6k to £9k in 20 months :eek:

Mellis46 26-07-18 04:25 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If that is true and he has got his asking price I will eat my hat!

cjp0349 26-07-18 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellis46 (Post 448066)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If that is true and he has got his asking price I will eat my hat!

Well if my recent experience with the underhanded double-dealer is anything to go by, anything is possible!! :grr:

I found it quite interesting that his correspondence was all late night/early hours of the morning. A drink problem perhaps? :ihih:

John. 26-07-18 07:12 PM

Quote:

The chap's picking it up next week :hmmm:

Duffy3074 26-07-18 09:17 PM

Somebody’s keen for an old Audi, always good news

David Small 26-07-18 09:38 PM

It is sold and I know the buyer he's a regular attendee at our Noggin n Natters.

Duffy3074 26-07-18 09:52 PM

Good for him.

Hopefully he’ll join the crowd here

Mellis46 26-07-18 09:53 PM

The buyer hasn't paid the asking price though, surely?!! :crazy:

vorsprung durch technik 27-07-18 08:27 PM

All the negative blarney! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whoever bought it sure appreciates a decent car when they see one. :tup:

David Small 30-07-18 01:41 PM

Unbelievable these people are first grade tossers. They've taken the piss out of Carl selling his 16 Valve B4 and now after agreeing a deal on this with a good friend of mine taking his Cabby in part exchange plus a goodly amount of cash. He has paid a deposit and spent all weekend getting the Cabby ready for MOT today, ordered new door trims from Germany and insured it to pick up on Thursday he gets an email yesterday afternoon informing him they have decided to keep it for their collection :wall:

Duffy3074 30-07-18 02:13 PM

What a shower of dickheads..........

Mellis46 30-07-18 02:37 PM

Disgraceful :nonod:

Mellis46 30-07-18 04:43 PM

Been thinking as to why this may be. I'm in a cynical mood.

1) they think it might go for more if they keep hold of it a bit longer,
2) someone has actually offered them more and they have gazumped Dave's friend,
3) something is up with it and they are worried if they sell it at that price it may bite them on the arse.

:hmmm: