Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   80 sport (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37484)

John. 11-09-17 10:34 AM

80 sport

Maybe of interest to some?

NCTS

Flying Frank 11-09-17 10:40 AM

But East Ayrshire !!! Why is everything always at the other end of the country!!!

Looks a great buy for someone I'd say.....but yes, I WOULD say that wouldn't I ?

:smilewinkgrin:

Flying Frank 11-09-17 10:45 AM

Couldn't resist checking....last MOT 2008 and mileage then 213,410

I know pictures lie, but it looks in incredibly good nick considering mileage and age........

Tino 12-09-17 11:55 AM

80 sport

I've bought this 80 sport for a new project , any advice on sourcing panels ?? Need a osr wheel arch osr lower quarter repair panel and spare wheel well if available??
Tia

Flying Frank 12-09-17 01:13 PM

Back in 2014 , I started a restoration on an 80 Sport, "B" reg , pre-facelift.

Needed a huge amount of welding and most repairs were done by someone "making up sections" from scratch as replacement panels are as rare as hens teeth I think you'll find. If all you need are the panels you mention, you are well on the way to a comparatively quick resto.

Good luck with the job and look forward to pictures if/when you can post some up.

Tino 12-09-17 04:23 PM

I'm hoping not to get involved in painting the car as I'd like to keep it as original as poss, but we'll see . I'll start with a good power wash and get it running as it's sat for a few years see if it holds all it's fluids etc
It'll need all new brakes, flexys poss calipers good service , timing belts at a minimum I'd think, I'll give it a good going over see what's what! I was thinking of trying to source 90 bumpers and skirts make it a tad more youthful

The Duke 12-09-17 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tino (Post 433519)
I was thinking of trying to source 90 bumpers and skirts make it a tad more youthful

Please keep it stock, they were such a pretty car, particularly with the side graphics on the early cars.

Check out tradition, they've got quite a few panels on there now although they aren't cheap!

cjp0349 13-09-17 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tino (Post 433519)
I'm hoping not to get involved in painting the car as I'd like to keep it as original as poss, but we'll see . I'll start with a good power wash...

I was thinking of trying to source 90 bumpers and skirts make it a tad more youthful

Congrats on you purchase but :yikes: if I were you I would be avoiding a power wash at all costs. A patient hand wash with good shampoo followed by a quality clay bar and hand polish is the only way to go :tup:

As for the 90 bumpers and skirts :nono: I'm with The Duke

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 433526)
Please keep it stock, they were such a pretty car, particularly with the side graphics on the early cars.

Flying Frank 14-09-17 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 433526)

Check out tradition, they've got quite a few panels on there now although they aren't cheap!

If you decide you'd like to go for the 80 Sport stripes , I've got a complete new set which I planned to use on my restoration. Basically, the orange, grey and black stripe set along with lettering for the boot , wings, etc.

PM me if you are interested. :tup:

Tino 15-09-17 08:05 PM

So a couple hours spent on the sport this avo and she's up n running, new timing belt, battery, rewire fuel pump, new fuel pump/ filter and fuel ! Had to clean most of the fuses but she started and settled down to a nice idle with excellent oil pressure ! If i get time tomorrow ill have a good prod around underneath but from what I've seen today she's needining a bit more welding than at first thought . Free time is going to be the issue here as I work away.
Thanks for the offer of the stripes, I'll keep it in mind 👍.