Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What would you choose. (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38495)

sinbin5t 03-10-18 07:32 PM

What would you choose.

A funny choice to possibly be made here, the competition is between a Brabus Roadster or an Audi TT :crazy:

I know it's a strange question, but what would you choose ?

:tup:

urquattr085 03-10-18 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 450051)
A funny choice to possibly be made here, the competition is between a Brabus Roadster or an Audi TT :crazy:

Hi Bruce.
Brabus to be different, would depend on which TT though.

There you go, no help at all :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

theschmallfella 03-10-18 08:45 PM

Quote:

It would have to be the TT, I mean look at the Brabus, it looks like it's been cobbled together from the left over parts bins from several different manufacturers! It's fugly! :arf:

sinbin5t 03-10-18 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urquattr085 (Post 450052)
Hi Bruce.
Brand to be different, would depend on which TT though.

There you go, no help at all :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

It would have to be the 1.8t i think Geoff, although i keep toying with the idea of the 3.2 :lol:

Only the DSG box holds me back with the 3.2 as big bucks would be needed to sort one if it broke.

sinbin5t 03-10-18 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theschmallfella (Post 450053)
It would have to be the TT, I mean look at the Brabus, it looks like it's been cobbled together from the left over parts bins from several different manufacturers! It's fugly! :arf:

Hi Luke ?

It wouldn't be the coupe one it would be the cut back one which looks a whole lot better, one thing against is they are that low you fall in and climb out as best you can :lol:

sinbin5t 03-10-18 08:56 PM

More opinions when poss please :tup:

Jake Blight 03-10-18 09:15 PM

I'd have to say a mk1 TT. The brabus roadsters is fun but the gearbox is truly not nice. If you want a fun silly car the mark1 Smart brabus fourfour is the one to go for. Ugly and odd but a capable little motor, 177bhp from a 1.5 turbo... (The brabus fourtwo doesn't have the same engine)

urquattr085 03-10-18 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 450054)
It would have to be the 1.8t i think Geoff, although i keep toying with the idea of the 3.2 :lol:

Only the DSG box holds me back with the 3.2 as big bucks would be needed to sort one if it broke.

1st generation 225 coupe would be the only TT for me.
Beware - At 6'1" tall, I cannot fit into the passenger side of these. :grr:

Mellis46 03-10-18 09:33 PM

Quote:

Final Edition 80 Cabriolet with the v6 and a hard top :tup::lol:

sinbin5t 03-10-18 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Blight (Post 450057)
I'd have to say a mk1 TT. The brabus roadsters is fun but the gearbox is truly not nice. If you want a fun silly car the mark1 Smart brabus fourfour is the one to go for. Ugly and odd but a capable little motor, 177bhp from a 1.5 turbo... (The brabus fourtwo doesn't have the same engine)

Lot of good points there Jake, the Roadster is a 700cc with a bigger turbo and goes like a little rocket, the tiptronic is good too but the flappy paddle is not.

Cheers Jake :tup: