Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who else has one (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39308)

sinbin5t 07-05-20 12:58 PM

Who else has one

Just wondering if any other members own a TT ?

Remember now that some MK1 TT's are 22 years old and accepted as modern classics, i'm not sure on the exact year this forum started up but i think some of the B4's were younger than that...........perhaps.

Don't be shy, let me know if you have one and stick a photo on if poss.

Here's hoping :)

sinbin5t 15-09-20 12:32 PM

More than one person has posted they have one in other threads.

Cmon, piccies of them please.

droopsnoot 16-09-20 06:25 PM

I have a 2000 TT Roadster 225, I bought it around 2003 and wasn't going to keep it, but I'm not very good at getting rid of cars. Just about to turn 180k miles any time now.

This seems to be the only photo I have for it, other than those when I have to fix something.

https://i.postimg.cc/3rqfwHX8/IMGP6486.jpg

As for classics, I have been to classic car shows with my seventies Vauxhall and seen newer TTs than mine on display as classics. Depends on the show organiser, really.

KB_Yorks 16-09-20 08:25 PM

I have one, silver 225 BHP with 155k on - I would have to dig out a photo. Even though 20 years old I consider this my 'new' car of the fleet. I bought it 8 years ago for what I thought was a cheap price (prices even lower now) and has been a great car in the time ive had it. Not much room (well no room at all) in the engine bay for even simple repairs. It may have to be sold soon though as its only a two seater and ive recently had a new born baby so may need something bit more practice.

droopsnoot 17-09-20 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB_Yorks (Post 463623)
Even though 20 years old I consider this my 'new' car of the fleet.

Exactly the same here - I have to stop myself referring to it as my "modern".

The engine bay lack of room is a bit of a pain at times, I recently did the cam belt / water pump swap on mine and it's a fiddle. Last time, I got someone else to do it because I took one look at the lack of room, but I wish I hadn't as it's worse than it looks. Now, the clutch master cylinder, that really *is* a pain to do, buried down behind the engine everything is done at arms length. Fortunately places like the TT Forum web site have a lot of helpful people who've already done virtually every job and taken lots of photos.

anthonys2 18-09-20 07:21 AM

Am quite a fan of the TTs throughout its various forms through the years. My neighbour has a 17 plate white TTS and it’s gorgeous and up the village a guys has a mk1 TT 3.2 with full Milltek which sounds incredible. Mk1 defo a modern day classic now and good examples are rising quickly especially the “Sport” 240bhp examples. :tup:

sinbin5t 19-09-20 10:38 AM

Thanks for the replies guys :tup:

sinbin5t 19-09-20 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droopsnoot (Post 463621)
I have a 2000 TT Roadster 225, I bought it around 2003 and wasn't going to keep it, but I'm not very good at getting rid of cars. Just about to turn 180k miles any time now.

This seems to be the only photo I have for it, other than those when I have to fix something.

https://i.postimg.cc/3rqfwHX8/IMGP6486.jpg

As for classics, I have been to classic car shows with my seventies Vauxhall and seen newer TTs than mine on display as classics. Depends on the show organiser, really.

No summer piccie ? :nonod:

sinbin5t 19-09-20 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB_Yorks (Post 463623)
I have one, silver 225 BHP with 155k on - I would have to dig out a photo. Even though 20 years old I consider this my 'new' car of the fleet. I bought it 8 years ago for what I thought was a cheap price (prices even lower now) and has been a great car in the time ive had it. Not much room (well no room at all) in the engine bay for even simple repairs. It may have to be sold soon though as its only a two seater and ive recently had a new born baby so may need something bit more practice.

Yep, no good for kiddie seats at all :shake:

I think we think new because they still look very modern,funny how we do that.

Do you have a photo ?

sinbin5t 19-09-20 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonys2 (Post 463636)
Am quite a fan of the TTs throughout its various forms through the years. My neighbour has a 17 plate white TTS and it’s gorgeous and up the village a guys has a mk1 TT 3.2 with full Milltek which sounds incredible. Mk1 defo a modern day classic now and good examples are rising quickly especially the “Sport” 240bhp examples. :tup:

TTS :arf:

You are right about prices rising quickly now, an AVERAGE MK1 3.2 is now touching 5k, that is a big jump !

A restoration MK1 3.2 is 2k now :yikes:

Can you get a photo of the TTS ?