Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Bodywork, glass & exterior fitments (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Windscreen replacement (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37297)

SwallownAmazon 25-07-18 07:41 PM

Update to new screen last autumn:
The heat this summer has caused the new screen to crack on the inside in the top corner on the passenger side. I'm inclined to leave it for the time being as it wasn't mentioned when passing the MOT today with no advisories. :tup:

John. 25-07-18 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwallownAmazon (Post 448040)
The heat this summer has caused the new screen to crack on the inside in the top corner on the passenger side. I'm inclined to leave it for the time being as it wasn't mentioned when passing the MOT today with no advisories. :tup:

Shame about the screen...…….nice one regards MOT :tup:

Duffy3074 25-07-18 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwallownAmazon (Post 448040)

I've already had my one from the same batch replaced for cracking in exactly the same place, it was done under warranty thankfully.

SwallownAmazon 27-07-18 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy3074 (Post 448042)
I've already had my one from the same batch replaced for cracking in exactly the same place, it was done under warranty thankfully.

Well, bugger oi down dead! :grr: Perhaps I will report it to them as the new windsceen last year was a warranty job from 2005!
Problem is that every time they take the screen out it does a bit of damage to the aperture.
Did they fit a new proper toothed seal for you when they did the swop?

Duffy3074 27-07-18 01:53 PM

The surround has only been in for 4 months or so (it was new with the original replacement) and came out undamaged.

:)

theschmallfella 19-11-18 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwallownAmazon (Post 448089)
Well, bugger oi down dead! :grr: Perhaps I will report it to them as the new windsceen last year was a warranty job from 2005!
Problem is that every time they take the screen out it does a bit of damage to the aperture.
Did they fit a new proper toothed seal for you when they did the swop?

What came of this, did you approach them about replacing the screen again?

SwallownAmazon 20-11-18 11:06 PM

No I didn't. I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie as it isn't causing any issues.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away with the rally car in France.

theschmallfella 23-11-18 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwallownAmazon (Post 451561)
No I didn't. I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie as it isn't causing any issues.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been away with the rally car in France.

Thanks for the update, hope you had a good time in France. :tup: