Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Cars Wanted (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   UR Quattro (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37946)

Thebishop 30-01-18 09:46 PM

UR Quattro

Wanted Audi ur Quattro 2.2 in good condition, with digital dash etc. No rust pls. Cash waiting for the right car. If you know of any. Livivig in Ireland but willing to travel.
Also any advise in relation to the ur Quattro would be greatly appreciated.

Hanuman 30-01-18 10:22 PM

What's your budget, and what's your expectation?

Thebishop 30-01-18 10:25 PM

£15000 ish and I'm hoping for something pretty clean. Am I way off the Mark?

Hanuman 30-01-18 10:43 PM

I'm not trying to be a pessimist, honest guv

I'd say that based on recent values and expectations, that puts you at a decent entry level now.

As with all such kit, you'd need a fairly good idea what it's meant to look like, because there are a lot of cars that aren't quite right. I've removed a few items on mine, and made some mods, and it would not pass muster if someone were seeking a faithful example. But then, mines not for sale, and if it were, (which it won't be) I'd actually return it to spec.

Quite a few cars are priced at the upper end of what might now be considered realistic prices, which are largely the same. Mine's valued at 18k. I'm suspecting it's now undervalued against the current market.

If 15k is your budget, buy the best car you can find at that price, irrespective of age, and accept also that you might well be putting in quite a bit of extra funding getting it right, with scant support, as dealerships have largely forgotten it ever existed, and anyone familiar with the quite basic technology will have grandchildren now.

However. If you add 10k to your budget, you might find still that you need the same amount of funding to get it right.

Isimmo 30-01-18 10:43 PM

Erm...

Probably...

They have crept up.

Thebishop 30-01-18 10:50 PM

Thanks lads I'll keep you posted saw one on classic cars a white 88 UR? But £20k

Thebishop 31-01-18 09:27 AM

What do ye make of the white ur Quattro on car and classic website for £19995 I think motorhub are the garage. Any one know this car etc or wh6at's your opinion.!!!!

slacky 31-01-18 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isimmo (Post 440488)
Erm...

Probably...

They have crept up.

Judging by your signature Mr Simmons I'd say you've now got a very nice top-up to your pension pot :lol:

but I'm guessing they'll never be for sale so pretty irrelevant ;)

slacky 31-01-18 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebishop (Post 440478)
Wanted Audi ur Quattro 2.2 in good condition, with digital dash etc. No rust pls. Cash waiting for the right car. If you know of any. Livivig in Ireland but willing to travel.
Also any advise in relation to the ur Quattro would be greatly appreciated.

good luck with your search :tup: ,
I've got a feeling there might be more Ur's in Ireland than on the British Isles , mostly sleeping quietly in insulated garages ;)

Benjamino 31-01-18 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebishop (Post 440486)
£15000 ish and I'm hoping for something pretty clean. Am I way off the Mark?

Might need to dig a bit deeper than that squire....