Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Audi 75 Avant - here's one for Coxy (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3281)

wilco 19-01-09 03:40 AM

Audi 75 Avant - here's one for Coxy

Here's a long shot for you - this was for sale a while back but obviously no-one wanted it.
The other side of the world yes but its virutally free and most likely in reasonable nick!

Cheers

Coxy 19-01-09 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilco (Post 33807)
Here's a long shot for you - this was for sale a while back but obviously no-one wanted it.
The other side of the world yes but its virutally free and most likely in reasonable nick!

Cheers

When I got RALF, they said the only other known RHD variant was in NZ, maybe this was it????
The wings looks fairly ok as they are prone to rotting out, although the one wing has had repairs. I've even got a spare rust free bonnet in the same colour!!

Lankytim 25-01-09 07:39 PM

How much is a container nowadays? ;)

Ive got a mate who used to be in the RAF.. he keeps in touch with his old mates on a Hercules squadron and has had them "deliver" a couple of cars for him. I think one was in Australia and delivered to an RAF base somewhere in the U.K. Cost him a crate of lager or something.

Its nice to have contacts!

quattrokid 25-01-09 07:54 PM

:yikes::yikes:

good ole armed forces.... phone a friend... can you fly to OZ please and collect a "patient" for me please:lol:

Lankytim 25-01-09 10:10 PM

I think it was just a routine flight that they had a bit of spare room on, not a special chartered flight at tax payers expense!

eltee 26-01-09 10:42 AM

who bought Geoff from GT autospares old Audi, think it was KGH444D which Peter Noad wrote about in 66 when the car was imported for VW motors . it was sold only last year, i think.
i remember his yard having a dark blue F reg spares car in there for at least 15 years. anyone else remember Geoffs yard. Corbett St Manchester, near to Man City Ground.

Coxy 26-01-09 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltee (Post 35086)
who bought Geoff from GT autospares old Audi, think it was KGH444D which Peter Noad wrote about in 66 when the car was imported for VW motors . it was sold only last year, i think.
i remember his yard having a dark blue F reg spares car in there for at least 15 years. anyone else remember Geoffs yard. Corbett St Manchester, near to Man City Ground.

It's with a Yorkshire man in Southern Ireland now. It was for sale last year but the guy wanted big bucks for it as it had had a full resto.
That is the earliest known RHD Audi. Quite a strange one as it has a different dash to the later F103 Audi's, more like the last of the 2-stroke DKW's.

KGH444D no longer has it's original engine either which is one of the other reasons why I didn't try harder for him to shift on his price.