Classic Audi

Classic Audi (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A decision to make. (http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39512)

sinbin5t 06-10-20 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik (Post 463872)
Do the TT first, will be an easier job to tackle and think about the coupe later. Is the coupe the one with the loud body kit?

Hi Mark :tup:

Yep the coupe with the body kit, it draws a lot of attention, not the "WHAT THE FOOK IS THAT KIND" but the "DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT KIND"

:tup::tup::tup:

sinbin5t 06-10-20 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davids (Post 463874)
Keep both, get a cover for the coupe, do the TT, finish one :tup:

Hi David :tup:

Do you want a bit of work ? I know it would be right then :ihih:

vorsprung durch technik 06-10-20 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 463879)
Hi Mark :tup:

Yep the coupe with the body kit, it draws a lot of attention, not the "WHAT THE FOOK IS THAT KIND" but the "DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT KIND"

Ok then, if thats the case it's worth doing then - go for it. :tup:

Davids 06-10-20 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 463880)
Hi David :tup:

Do you want a bit of work ? I know it would be right then :ihih:

I would love to, I have been looking at premises, needless to say down our way the cost is just horrendous.

The Memmsaab has put a stop to any more being purchased here till the one in the garage is done and sold.

May have to sell my Coupe if I have to get a different vehicle for work as well.

sinbin5t 06-10-20 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davids (Post 463888)
I would love to, I have been looking at premises, needless to say down our way the cost is just horrendous.

The Memmsaab has put a stop to any more being purchased here till the one in the garage is done and sold.

May have to sell my Coupe if I have to get a different vehicle for work as well.

Sell the coupe ? :yikes:

Is it a new job you have mate or am i getting muddled up........again.

So, maybe a chance next year for the TT ?

sinbin5t 06-10-20 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik (Post 463882)
Ok then, if thats the case it's worth doing then - go for it. :tup:

It is worth doing Mark, but the hard bit for me would be parting with the TT, there has to be a solution somewhere seeing as the response so far is keep both.

It will be back to four cars again :lol::lol::lol:

vorsprung durch technik 06-10-20 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 463891)
It is worth doing Mark, but the hard bit for me would be parting with the TT, there has to be a solution somewhere seeing as the response so far is keep both.

It will be back to four cars again :lol::lol::lol:

I remember the coupe, remember when it was up for sale and it's price before you got it. Well you know me, i like originality or oem++ a nice set of wheels, but appreciate some love period mods.

If it was me i'd keep the TT because it's top of the range and a bit special. But that's just me. Maybe somebody might want the 80 Coupe of you?

vorsprung durch technik 06-10-20 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 463890)

I know, :yikes: i've tried to get him to keep it. I'd hate to see it go and miss seeing that superb paint job he'd have done on it. :sad:

Davids 06-10-20 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinbin5t (Post 463890)

Is it a new job you have mate or am i getting muddled up........again.

So, maybe a chance next year for the TT ?

No new job as yet but I have been doing building works, etc and I find humping bags of cement, sand and timber in the Coupe isnt doing it any good really, so an estate might be on the cards. Although Mark has talked me out of it at the moment:tup:

Davids 06-10-20 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorsprung durch technik (Post 463894)
I know, :yikes: i've tried to get him to keep it. I'd hate to see it go and miss seeing that superb paint job he'd have done on it. :sad:

Yep, still want to paint it properly, just got to finish the V8 first.
Drove to Grays in Essex last Friday and it didn't miss a beat, 100 mile each way, to get a new front end for my daughters Sirocco .

Don't want it to go, have to see .

Like you I would love to keep them all, lack of parking is my problem.