Classic Audi » kully » Conversation Between kully and BW2309

Conversation Between kully and BW2309
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. kully
    08-11-09 07:30 AM
    kully
    Morning matey, sorry its a week late but here is my enail address. the_kulster@hotmail.co.uk
    Also I had the tdi moteed yesterday and the guy at the testing station has had a previous costumer with the same engine hunting, he put it down to the fuel pump breaking down? Anyways ill drop the car to you in the next couple of weeks but ill phone you first. Cheers
  2. kully
    15-09-09 09:17 AM
    kully
    Morning ben, I dont think you got my reply yesterday matey, would tomorro be ok for me to bring the car down?
  3. BW2309
    14-09-09 11:18 AM
    BW2309
    Hi mate!
    Yeah, I can diagnose the fault. Pumps do fail but it's quite rare!

Let me know when you'd like to pop up.....
  4. kully
    14-09-09 10:38 AM
    kully
    Morning ben, matey have you got this vag com reader to read the faults with my wifes tdi? because if it is the fuel pump it should show, ive been quoted £350 to have the pump reconned, ive already spent £100 on bits that have made no change to it, if so ill bring it down to you. cheers
  5. BW2309
    12-09-09 04:43 PM
    BW2309
    Hi mate. It's not uncommon to see a few air bubbles in the clear pipe leading to the pump. This build up as the fuel is warmed and cooled. Only if there is a large amount of air should this be an issue. You need to connect VAG com and check the delivery rate, commencment of injection valve (that's fitted to number 3 injector) and the fuel pump timining dynamically. These simple checks should show where any fault lies. Can't rememeber too if there is an electric lift pump in the tank on these - if there is it must be working or the pump will be starved of fuel.

HOpe this helps.......
  6. kully
    12-09-09 04:06 PM
    kully
    Good afternoon matey, my wifes 80 tdi is playing up, taking ages now to start in the morning, when it does it runs then cuts out or runs lumpy, there are air bubbles also in the fuel lines, it also idles rough/irratic when it wants to. I have just put a new genuine air flow meter on with no change to it at all. Any ideas please
  7. BW2309
    11-05-09 08:47 PM
    BW2309
    No problem mate. Got 2.0TDi's coming out my ears this week so that'll keep me distracted!
    Give me a call when ya like buddy.
  8. kully
    11-05-09 08:24 PM
    kully
    hey, bud will call you this week just been so busy and also thinking of best way to raise some pennies