Classic Audi » 100 Coupe » Conversation Between 100 Coupe and mrjonze

Conversation Between 100 Coupe and mrjonze
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 100 Coupe
    30-06-12 07:59 PM
    100 Coupe
    Hello,

As you probably know, the 4star Coupe was £15k, but even at £12.5k it's still big money. Not too long ago £5k would have been considered top money, but prices do seem to be going up both here and abroad.

If I was paying that sort of money for a Coupe I'd want it to be in stunning condition. I haven't seen the car in question in the flesh, but I know someone who has (the President of the Coupe Club (GB)). He was surprised to see obvious corrosion and areas of filler, and concluded the car was over-priced.

However, there aren't many good Coupes left and few, if any, of those are for sale. I do know someone who has two Coupes and is thinking of selling one. It's pale metallic blue, automatic and apparently needs some bodywork. I know the car but haven't seen it for 2 or 3 years. I should see the owner at the show at Stanford Hall tomorrow so I'll ask him if he is selling and what he wants for it.

Last, but not least, I should say that parts are hard to find for Coupes. Not impossible if you're prepared to search hard, but a good reason to buy as good a car as you can find rather than trying to restore one. The upside is that you will own a very rare, stylish car that will attract a lot of interest.

If you want more info or a chat, feel free to email me (mailrc@hotmail.co.uk) or phone me (01608 663585).

Regards,

Richard
  2. mrjonze
    23-06-12 10:32 AM
    mrjonze
    Hi
    I've been looking at a 100 coupe s on ebay at 4star classics. Its big money but still looks interesting.
    Any thoughts or advice?